Thursday, May 27, 2010

What a relief!

Things are finally starting to look up! 

With only a few days to spare, I found an apartment!  I have movers booked for Monday, so we are outta this crazy house!  No more landlord, roomie's friends, and boarders walking in to our house whenever they feel like it.  No more annoying boarders' children AND landlord peeking in my windows.  No more being kept awake by roomie and her friends until 3 A.M.  No more being kept awake and listening to roomie's dog howl and cry ALL DAY. (Seriously, today it started at 6:30 A.M. and didn't stop until she got home at almost 7 P.M.)  No more living with roomie...yippee!

I'm sure I've said this before, but she is by far the worst roommate I've ever had!  And I've had a lot of roommates!

There were a few kinks along the way of getting this apartment.  First, there was a misunderstanding regarding when I needed to move out of my current rental.  Second, the first time I visited, I could have swore the gal said there was a $300 (total) pet deposit, when in actuality it is $300/pet, for a total of $600, yikes!  (Remember, we are pretending I only have 2 dogs.)  And lastly, due to my lack of credit, they were going to charge me a $250 security deposit.  But the leasing agent emailed her boss to see if that deposit could be waived and she said yes!  Hooray!  For low income housing, they sure do charge an arm and a leg to move in!

Man, I am so looking forward to living by myself!  With the exception of approximately 6 months or so, I've always had roommates, a live-in boyfriend, or was married.  This is going to be such a great change!  Now if I can just teach Kira to not bark everytime she hears someone knocking on another apartment door, we will be set!

1 comment:

  1. Living alone is by far the most liberating feeling a woman can have! Just being able to have your OWN place with NO ONE sharing it with you, beside your adorable pups, is the most wonderful gift to yourself. Enjoy your new home and bask in the glory of being able to walk around naked in your own place without worrying about anything, except maybe a few funny stares from your fur babies! LOL! You are going to have the time of your life! I envy you, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete