Monday, May 3, 2010

I've gone to the dark side

I've always had lightish brown hair which I normally have highlighted.  With my skin tone, I think I definitely look best with blonde hair.  Unfortunately the upkeep is pretty expensive and with being unemployed and moving, I just can't afford it right now. 

The last time I had my hair highlighted was somewhere around August or September of last year.  Even though I had roots showing, it didn't look too bad, so I was able to get away without a touch up for several months.  But until yesterday, my hair color was pretty much divided in half; the top half being mousy brown virgin hair with a little gray sprinkled in, and the bottom half being a lovely shade of golden blonde.  Pretty!  So I bought a demi-permanent color called "Light Natural Brown" at Sally's and dyed it last night.

Here's before:


















Here's after:


















Light Natural Brown my ass!

I don't love it, but I don't hate it.  I'm not terribly concerned since it's only a demi-permanent color, plus it's not like it's green or orange, ha ha!  The good things are that it's VERY shiny and the texture seems to have improved.

My little sister is so excited.  She has naturally very dark brown hair, almost black, and blue eyes.  I've always had lightish brown/blonde hair and I have green eyes.  No one ever believes we are related, let alone sisters!  So needless to say, she loves it! 

Did you catch the part above about me moving?  Yep, it's official, I'M MOVING BACK TO COLORADO!!!!  I don't know where I'm living yet nor do I have a job, but come the last weekend of May, I am outta here!  I'm super excited (of course), but it is a little nerve-wracking with all the unknowns.  Every time my heart starts to race, I just repeat to myself, "It's going to work out.  It's going to work out."

Okay, back to cleaning/packing/trying to sell stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment