Tuesday, May 18, 2010

T minus 14 days!!!

Yay!  Eeek!  OMGWTFBBQ!!!

I am so freaking excited that I'm leaving this miserable, joke of a rental home with the world's worst *insert very bad word(s)* roommate!  And I CAN'T WAIT to be living close to my family again.  Now if I can just get the whole job and where I'm going to live thing squared away.  Tick tock, tick tock - the deadline is quickly approaching! 

Although I detest my current living situation, there are things about Arizona I will miss.  First and foremost, my bestie, her daughter, and husband.  =(  Everything else is pretty trivial in comparison:
  • The roads in AZ are by far the best in any state I've lived in.
  • No daylight saving time!  Oh how I loathe spring forward!
  • Forgot my coat at home?  Who cares?!  It's kind of nice not having to worry about putting on a coat, hat, gloves, boots, and scarf before leaving the house in the winter.  Not that you need ALL of those things every winter day in Colorado.  I rarely managed to leave with anything but a coat most days, but there were a few times when I should have worn or at least brought those extra items. 
  • Never having to scrape or defrost my windshield! 
  • I can just get in my car and drive to work.  If it takes 15 minutes to get there, it always takes 15 minutes to get there, unless there's been a freak accident or something.  A 15 minute commute is never turned into an hour (or longer) due to bad weather.  (Notice how a lot of these are snow, or should I say, lack of snow related?!) 
What I am looking forward to the most is spending time and reconnecting with my family without having to worry about whether or not "he" is having a good time, or "he" is getting bored and impatient and wants to go home, or "he" is waiting at home and getting mad because I'm not there to make dinner.  The only thing on my mind is whether my dogs will be allowed at my parents' house with all the new doggies that have been added to the family since we moved to AZ.  That's kind of a big concern of mine but since my furkids are so well behaved, I think my dad will see that 3, 4, or maybe even all 5 of our dogs can be at his house without his the world imploding!

No comments:

Post a Comment