Thursday, May 20, 2010

My terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

I hate today.  HATE IT!  Today totally kicked my ass and took names. 

First, I am officially not moving back to Colorado.  At least not right now.  I'm stuck here for another year (or more), alone, to endure temps only Satan would find comfortable.  It wouldn't be so bad if I weren't so freaking lonely here.  Not to mention, my family never visits me.  They visit everyone else - other family members, their friends - but not me.  Shoot, they don't even call me!  But that's a whole 'nother very long post. 

I spent today driving all over Phoenix trying to find a place that A) I can afford (Ha, that doesn't leave much!), B) that I can move into on or before Memorial Day - a whopping 11 days from now, and C) that will accepts the furkids.  First I started out saying I had 2 dogs and 2 cats.  Then I tried 2 dogs and 1 cat.  Now I'm just saying 2 dogs.  I absolutely hate lying about this, but I don't have a lot of other options available at the moment.  One apartment I looked at today, a 350 square foot closet studio, was smaller than my current bedroom.  Ouch!  I would have to get rid of everything!  Ironically, it was my favorite complex and is a top contender, despite the small size.  I have 1, maybe 2, more places I want to check out tomorrow and hopefully I will sign a new lease by the afternoon. 

After a super stressful day that included crying so hard I had to come home just to wash my smeary, makeup smudged face off, I decided I needed to do something at least semi-fun.  So I took the dogs to the dog park.  (We skipped going yesterday.)  Kira and Dexter were pretty ancy after I was gone all day, with the exception of coming home once, only to turn around and leave again.  It was something the three of us needed.  Unfortunately my semi-fun activity was ruined when some asshat yelled at me for having Dexter in the "small dog" side of the park.  Excuse me Mr. Grumpyjerkface, there is a reason I chose this side of the park over the "large dog" side.  While Dexter is technically "large", his courage is rather small...miniature even!  We tried the "large dog" side a few times and it was an epic fail.  Dexter gets very overwhelmed and scared of all the big dogs, especially when they gang up and pick on him, which is a frequent occurence.  So rather than permanently traumatize my sweet, curly boy, we play with the nice doggies on the "small dog" side of the park.  I should add the most of the dogs there were around Dexter's size or bigger, so I'm not sure why he singled my dog out.  Nor has anyone ever complained until today.  Plus (yes there's more), what am I to do with my "medium sized" baby girl, Kira?  Do I leave her unattended in the small dog area while I make sure Dexter doesn't get hurt in his section?  Or since she's technically neither small nor large, does that mean she's not welcome at the park at all?  There isn't a "medium dog" side.  So Mr. Grumpyjerkface, STFU and leave my sweet boy who adores his little doggie friends alone!

Did I mention that I hate today?  Because I do.  A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment