Yesterday evening I took Kira & Dexter to the dog park and saw not one, but TWO other keeshonden! I occassionally saw others when we lived in Colorado, but never expected to see any in Arizona. I practically pounced on the owner as he entered the park! Poor guy, I hope I didn't scare him too badly. He also had a gorgeous norweigan elkhound with him. NEs are basically a keeshond with shorter hair....sort of. The dogs' owner had just moved to AZ from Highlands Ranch, CO....get this....which is where we moved from in CO when we moved to AZ! Crazy!
In other news, Dexter is DEFinitely gay. There was some little terrier dog there that really liked both Kira and Dexter. And Dexter really like him...a LOT. Unfortunately for Kira, I broke up their little ménage à trois as the poor little guy seemed a tad overwhelmed by two much larger dogs both wanting to play with him. Dexter has adopted a strange new habit of barking like crazy whenever dogs are playing, especially if one of those dogs happens to be his sissy. I don't think it's an aggressive behavior, it's more like he's "tattling" - like he's telling the offending dog(s), "You guys can't do that! If you don't stop, I'm gonna tell my mom on you!" And since his bark is loud, it is super annoying, plus sometimes it scares the more insecure dogs that just want to play. Dexter was really having fun and being so good playing with this little dog - seriously, they were so adorable together - so I distracted Kira so he could continue with his improved social skills.
Until I my move at the end of this month, I'm going to try and bring the dogs to the dog park every night, or at least to a little park close by and hope we run into a dog or two to play with. With Kira and Dexter back in Colorado, that will bring our family's dog total to five. I know the thought of five dogs at my parents' house freaks the ever living daylights out of my dad, so I really want Dexter's manners in check in hopes that when I'm invited over, the pups can come too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment