Saturday, March 13, 2010

A random thought

Recently I learned from a relative that depression is common on my mom's side of the family.  I've suspected this for some time now.  One of the last times I spoke to my mother and the last time I saw her was about 5 years ago.  I told her of my suspicion, but she quickly shot me down.  She informed me that not only did she not suffer from depression, but neither did anyone else in our family.  I believe her exact words were, "I may drink a lot, but I'm not depressed!"  (Riiiiight....that's why she's an alcoholic, a drug addict, always dates men who abuse her, doesn't speak to any of her family, etc.)  I was wrong and the only one with issues.  Mmm hmm, whatever....have another drink, Mom!

It's pretty obvious that both my mother and I have issues, despite her denial.  But at least she can blame her crazy on drugs and alcohol.  What's my excuse?  I rarely drink.  I've never done any kind of drugs. 

I don't really know how to conclude this blog entry.  Really it was just a thought I had tonight and it didn't go anywhere past that.  So, the end...I guess.

EDIT:  I was thinking about this blog post just now and felt I should explain a little.  My worst fear is to end up like my mother....or be anything like her really.  I am constantly comparing myself to my mother and as I get older and my life continues to go nowhere, I feel more and more like her.  Not good for the ol' self esteem, or lack thereof.

No comments:

Post a Comment