Saturday, February 27, 2010

Excellent, Smithers!

I had a such a great day yesterday!  (It feels a bit strange referring to what was only two hours ago as "yesterday".)  First, I interviewed for a temporary position that I am pretty excited about.  I *think* the interview went well.  The interviewer, my potential future boss, was difficult to read so I can't really say with confidence that I nailed it.  I will probably find out by Monday whether I was chosen for the position or not.  Until then, fingers crossed!

After going home to take care of the dogs (who were none too happy to see me leave shortly after just getting home) and change into casual clothes, I met my bestie and my "niece" Payton at Barnes & Noble.  We hung out in the children's section drinking Starbucks and chatting while Payton played with "Tawn-Nis" the Train.  Many, many, MANY moons ago when my bff and I were roommates, we spent numerous evenings together at bookstores with our frou-frou coffees.  It was like old times, except now there's three of us....well maybe more like 2.5!

Nothing puts on a smile on your face like being being repeatedly greeted by an adorable, tiny blonde sprite with an exuberant, "Hi WIN-dee"!  =)

By 8 pm I could hardly keep my eyes open, so I hit the hay.  Considering my usual bedtime the last few months has been 12 am or later, 8:00 is very early for me!  Unfortunately, I think my body confused bedtime for naptime because I've been awake since midnight.  Oh well.  I'm getting pretty sleepy again so I'm going to give bedtime one more try!

All in all, a fine day indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment