Thursday, January 28, 2010

Oh the irony.

When planning my wedding years ago, I spent an enormous amount of time at http://www.theknot.com/ perusing and posting on their message boards. That lead to a spin-off board, http://www.thenest.com/, for newlyweds. By the time I really started participating in The Nest's message boards, STBXH and I had moved from Washington to Colorado. We had been married for a few years by then, so technically I wasn't a "newlywed" anymore. But I was bored out of my mind at work and desperate for something to fill the hours. And I discovered it didn't really matter my newlywed status had expired. For the most part, the "nesties" were very welcoming.

The Nest keeps track of the number times you post/reply to posts and assigns you a status. You start off as a newbie, then after a certain amount of posts you are awarded the oh so shiny bronze poster status. From there it goes to silver, and finally to gold. Your status level doesn't really mean anything, other than the number of posts you have. You don't get anything. (That I'm aware of.) Well tonight after starting out as a knottie in 2002, then transitioning to The Nest (albeit a little late) in 2006, I have finally achieved bronze status! Please, please no applause is necessary! ::::bows anyway just because it's fun::::

I admit I secretly got a little rush when I noticed that my lowly newbie badge had been replaced with bronze. Once my rush had subsided (please note sarcasm), I had to laugh at how ironic this all was. Here I am, getting divorced and finally getting a long awaited status upgrade on a message board for married women! Oh well. There are some wonderful women on those boards, some of whom I've met IRL (nestie abbreviation for "in real life") and some whom I consider my friends but haven't met yet in person. That will change once I'm back living in Colorado and I can finally meet those nesties, their adorable kiddos, and furbabies!

::::shines up new badge:::: Look out gold! I'm coming for ya!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait until you get your hiney back here!!!! And Kira better look out - because I am going to smoooooooooosh her!

    ~Angelika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um yeah....you might want to make sure Nollie has on extra padding for the first time I meet him! I'd say the same for Apples if it weren't for all that gorgeous keeshond fluff!

    ReplyDelete