Friday, April 9, 2010

I need to do this more than anything!

Although the life I've led thus far would say otherwise, I am a Christian.  I believe in the Lord, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.  I believe Jesus gave His life to save our eternal lives.

I became a Christian when I was 14 when I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior.  For a few years, I was very involved in our church.  I attended Sunday School and church service every Sunday with my family and also Youth Group on Wednesday evenings.  I thrived in that church.  I relished in the youth services and activities, adored the youth pastors and the senior pastor (also my then bff's father), enjoyed the company of my peers, and most importantly I loved the Lord.  Then my bff moved out of state, which meant we were without our wonderful senior pastor.  Our main youth pastor temporarily took over the senior pastor's duties, which I didn't mind in the slightest, although I did miss him on Wednesdays.  Soon after, the church hired a new permanent senior pastor and my favorite youth pastor-turned temp senior pastor left to minister elsewhere.

My beloved church, my safe place, was falling apart.

Eventually my family and I stopped going.  And that's essentially when I stopped trying to live as a Christian should.  It didn't happen overnight.  I've always had high morals.  I still do to this day.  I've always been somewhat of a goody two-shoes.  I've never done ANY kind of drugs, I've never even smoked a cigarette, I rarely drink, I try not to swear, I'm an honest person.  But that is not enough.  That is no where near enough!

Tonight I posted on the local Phoenix Nest board asking for recommendations for a nondenominational or nondenominational-like church in the north Phoenix/Cave Creek area.  I received a reply with a church's name that happens to be just barely over a mile from my house!  I reviewed this church's website, and it looks like just what I'm looking for!  They hold three services on Sunday mornings at 8:00, 9:30, and 11:00.  So this Sunday, the 11th, if I can get my lazy and tired butt out of bed in the morning (remember, I'm nocturnal now) I will be going to church again after a very long hiatus!  I'm a little scared about meeting new people, but I'm even more scared I won't get up, get ready, and go!  I NEED TO DO THIS!  So far I'm oh for zero on anything I've previously blogged about that I need to start doing. 
  • Going to bed earlier?  Not doing it. 
  • Waking up earlier?  Nope. 
  • Eating better?  Yeah right. 
  • Exercising?  Not yet. 
Score:  Bad habits, 3,528,971  Goals/self improvement, 0

You get the idea.  My stats are NOT GOOD!

I hear you, Lord.  I want to answer your call.  I'm praying that I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment